Turf Laying Specialists on Sydney’s North Shore & Northern Beaches
You want that perfect lawn, but where do you start?
What’s the best turf solution for your property, soil, and climate?
How do I even start to lay my lawn and get it to root properly?
If you are thinking about adding an exquisite looking lawn to your residential home or commercial property, look no further.
Best turf services in Greater Sydney and on the Northern Beaches
At Northside Tree & Garden Service Sydney, we love to offer our expert opinion and advice to locals. We know that buying the right lawn for your soil and property is imperative to keeping it healthy and looking luxurious.
We’re authorised distributors and installers, offering a service that guides you through the process of selecting, procuring, and laying your new turf.
Why choose Northside Tree & Garden turf laying services Sydney? Because we’re a leading turf laying company in Greater Sydney and the Northern Beaches
Are you looking for a highly respected Sydney North Shore residential and commercial turf laying company with a proven track record?
Our gardeners are the best and have decades of experience laying and maintaining lawns from the Northern Beaches and throughout Greater Sydney.
Do you want an easy and economical way to get the right turf for your property?
With an overwhelming variety of turf to choose from, our professional advice will ensure you get the best turf for your needs.
We’ll provide you with Sydney’s premium turf and give you the best advice and guidance you can get.
Straight from the farm turf for Greater Sydney and the Lower and Upper North Shore
We take enormous pride in providing property owners with superior turf fresh from the farm. Having such a close relationship with our farmers means we can guarantee premium high-quality turf to Sydney’s residents.
All our turf comes with the promise of being disease-, pest-, and weed-free. Here’s just a few examples of the types we highly recommend, supply, and lay:
- Sir Walter
- Palmetto soft leaf buffalo
- Matilda premium buffalo
- Sapphire soft leaf buffalo
We’ve over 20 years of experience offering a comprehensive array of garden and turf services throughout the Upper and Lower North Shore Sydney area
Our professional approach and extensive knowledge of the local area means we have a reputation as one of the leading turf services in Sydney.
Our dedicated team of professionals are on-hand 7 days a week to guide you through the entire process. Whether residential, commercial, or industrial, our experts will ascertain the best solution and turf services for you.
At Northside Tree and Garden Service, we go that extra mile to ensure you have the perfect lawn and best turf services Sydney has to offer. Please click here to read our complete guide on how to keep your lawn in tip-top condition.
Why choose turf for your Sydney home or property?
Whether you’re a strata, commercial, or residential customer there can be enormous benefits to turfing your outdoor space:
- Having a well-manicured lawn not only looks gorgeous it can also add value to your property. Moreover, you’ll be able to get much more enjoyment out of your garden or outside space.
- Choosing the right variety of turf will create a low maintenance and durable option for your garden or outdoor area.
- Did you know that having grass in your yard will reduce glare and heat reflected to your property? We know how crazy hot it can get; laying turf in Sydney can give you some reprieve from the summer sun.
- Furthermore, lawns are a safe play area for children and perfect for entertaining family and friends.
Where do we lay turf in Sydney?
Northside Tree and Garden Service is based on the beautiful Northern Beaches. Our services stretch from here to Warringah, Pittwater, Upper North Shore, Lower North Shore, Northern Suburbs council regions, and Greater Sydney.
We’ve an extensive knowledge of the local area and can help to find the perfect turf solution for any yard or property. We know that procuring the right turf for your commercial or residential property and environment is key to ensuring you have the perfect lawn.
Contact us today for a free measure and turf quote
For more information or advice, call 0410 638 755 to speak to a friendly member of our staff or contact us here with your query.
Our guide to maintaining a new luxurious lawn
Firstly and foremostly, water permits are available through Sydney Water by calling 132 092.
- Water your new lawn immediately after the new turf has been laid.
- Allow the water to seep through to the soil until the ground beneath the turf becomes wet.
- Water once every day for the first 14.
- After the initial period, you may then begin to taper off the watering frequency.
- Ensure the new turf is drying out and not sitting in continual dampness. This could cause the roots of your turf to rot.
- Moisture can be monitored by poking your finger approximately 25mm into the soil, to determine whether the soil surface is moist or dry.
Ensure you allow your turf the best possible chance to establish itself.
- Do not allow dogs, walking, and heavy traffic or objects on your freshly laid lawn for at least the first 3-4 weeks.
- This advice applies especially if you’ve had your turf laid in the warmer months, as this could hinder the root establishment.
- Fertilise your lawn 2-3 times a year, between the months of September to April.
- Water immediately after every fertilisation, to prevent the lawn from being burnt.
- Autumn is the principal time to fertilise your lawns.
- Don’t over fertilise, as it can reduce plant growth, increase insect and disease damage, create thatch problems, and could cause your lawn to die.
Before you begin, ensure the turf rolls CANNOT be lifted off the soil. If you mow your lawn too early, it can inhibit the growth of the root system.
- Don’t mow your new turf until the roots have firmly embedded themselves into the soil surface.
- Your first mow should only be a light trim.
- We recommend you mow your lawn every 3 – 5 weeks in warmer seasons and every 8 – 10 weeks when it’s cooler.
The ground beneath your lawn can become uneven. Top dressing is the best way to maintain your lawn’s level and luxurious appearance.
- Top dressing is recommended if ground cover becomes uneven and the lawn is beginning to look thin and poor in appearance.
- Before top dressing, the lawn should be mowed to a lower level – however, this is only recommended during early Spring.
- Top dress with a quality washed river sand, ensuring that the leaf blades remain partially exposed.
- Fertiliser can also be applied at this time. Please ensure that when you do top dress or fertilise your lawn you water the grass on a regular basis.
- Do not mow your lawn or allow traffic over the area that has been top dressed for approximately 4 weeks.
- This will give the lawn a chance to grow back through the top dressing you have applied.
To book your free measure and turf quote or simply get some friendly advice, don’t hesitate to call our professional gardening team today.